Note for Coronavirus response period:
Office is closed. Staff is working remotely and responding to emails and voicemails. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5pm. Currently providing
Visit www.childrenscouncil.org/families/find-emergency-care-by-zip-code to discover various local childcare options.
- emergency childcare referral/match and payment services for essential workers
- advice and resources for the childcare industry and for families through Children’s Council Online Help Center
- 1:1 coaching and virtual health and safety trainings, and other rapidly evolving resources for early educators
- trauma-informed virtual workshops (Playgroups, Parent Café, New & Expecting Moms Group) to help families navigate stress, child engagement, and family dynamics during this challenging time
- financial supports for early educators and family childcare businesses
Provides referrals to public and private child care programs including family child care homes and centers. Provides printed materials on child care and referrals to groups, workshops, and parenting classes. Also refers to shared housing for families and other community resources.
Facilitates subsidy programs including a child care payment program for eligible low-income parents. Coordinates Early Learning SF, which allows families to choose child care and preschool programs. Participates in local child care planning and advocacy.
Also offers technical assistance for child care providers, including information on licensing. Assists providers with program development. Also manages a resource lending library offering specialized trainings.
- Main Office (Toll Free)
- Information and Referral
445 Church Street
Agency: CHILDREN'S COUNCIL OF SAN FRANCISCO
Languages Available: Interpreter services available, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese, English
Payment Description: No fee
Intake and Eligibility: Child care subsidies: low-income families with parents that are working, in job training, or are eligible CalWORKs recipients.