SF Launches “Summer Together” to Offer Free Programming to Public School Students
The Summer Together Initiative is a coalition of community organizations, nonprofits, businesses, and city departments partnering to offer free in-person and virtual learning experiences for San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) students this summer.
PRIORITIZING FAMILIES IN HIGHEST NEED FOR EARLY REGISTRATION
There will be an early registration period for Summer Together Initiative programs which will prioritize families with the highest needs. The early registration period will be followed by an open enrollment period for all. The Summer Together Initiative will utilize an enrollment model that will prioritize families for early registration. Priority families are:
- Residents of public housing, RVs and SROs
- Families that are experiencing homelessness
- Children and youth in the foster care system
- English language learners
- Low-income families, with a focus on historically impacted communities, including people who identify as African American, Latino/a/x, Native American, Pacific Islander, and/or Asian
- Children and youth with disabilities.
EARLY REGISTRATION PERIOD: MONDAY, APRIL 19TH – FRIDAY, MAY 7TH
Families who are eligible for early registration will be contacted by one or more of the following providers:
- Community Hub Initiative provider
- ExCEL After School & Beacon Community School provider
- Families with children that have attended Community-based Summer Programs in the past will be contacted by those organizations
- Families receiving scholarships through the SF Recreation and Parks Department
*SF Recreation and Park Department’s Interest Form is live. To determine if you’re eligible for priority registration for Rec and Park summer camps, please fill out our interest form. You will be notified via email prior to the start of the priority registration period that begins on May 3.
SUMMARY OF KEY DATES:
April 12-30: RPD Interest form to be filled out by ALL SFUSD students to verify SFUSD status
May 3-7: Priority Registration for SFUSD Students in Priority Population
May 8 @ 10am: RPD Registration opens for all other SFUSD Students
May 8 @ 12pm: RPD General Registration opens
Please note that ALL families will be required to submit their students’ SFUSD ID number during both early and general registration.
June 7-July 16: SFUSD-based summer programs
June 14-August 13: All other summer programming